Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Sedum adolphii 'Firestorm'

I'm loving this new sedum variety in my succulent collection. The red-orange coloration really makes it stand out. I'm hoping it will hold its color indoors.

One of my colleagues clued me in on the great selection of succulents currently at Home Depot. I've never seen so much variety at a big box store, and there were some truly unusual specimens available (more on these later). This plant came in a 3" pot and was on sale for $3.33 (normally $3.98).

Here's the description from the propagator, Altman Plants:

"Sedum adolphii, native to Mexico, forms rambling stems with waxy golden yellow leaves with pinkish-peach margins in bright light. Star-shaped white flowers. Excellent color accent in rock gardens and dish gardens. Porous soil with adequate drainage. Thrives in poor, sandy soils. Bright light to full sun. Water thoroughly when soil is dry to the touch. Protect from frost."



And here's the growing information given on the pot. I was pleasantly surprised that Home Depot was selling named varieties. Usually their indoor plants are just labeled "assorted succulent"  or "tropical foliage assortment'.



No comments:

Post a Comment